Spring 2017The University Assessment Council (UAC) successfully completed the following projects which are available for review here and on the Projects and Resources page:
1. Identifying the data sources and definitions for the front-loaded data in program review: front-loaded data list.
2. Production of the front-loaded data for program use in AY 17-18 program reviews: sample data visualizations.
3. Elimination of faculty data sheets in program review as a by-product of the front-loaded data.
4. Revising the program review workflow to ensure the review comments and action plans get to the most appropriate program stakeholders: program review workflow.
5. Investigating program review and program review data archival and storage so that longitudinal meta-analysis by both the UAC and by programs themselves can occur. More on the program review repository in fall of 2017.
The results from the fall General Education Foundation (GEF) assessment pilot are in and have been analyzed: full report. The most interesting findings included: a high success rate for the training in faculty scoring norming - the training itself lasted less than an hour and was delivered once at the beginning of the semester; distribution of faculty selection of LEAP Essential Learning Outcomes was clustered and will need the Faculty Senate GEF Committee oversight; a Qualtrics-based data reporting form will be developed for use in the spring pilot based upon various issues with using Sharepoint as an evidence collection medium and as a data repository. More information on WVU's General Education Foundation program, the LEAP Essential Learning outcomes, and the GEF assessment plan can be found here.
This semester: The Institutional Assessment Glossary was completed and approved by the UAC. It has been posted to the Projects page and is open to public review and comment until the end of the Fall 2016 semester.
An assessment plan template (complete with guide to writing action plans) and a curriculum map template were created. Use of the templates is not mandated and they may be adapted and revised to suit a program's specific assessment practices and needs.
Program review is getting an overhaul with the UAC having approved a new set of standardized data fields that will be provided to programs for use in their program reviews as well as the piloting of a Qualtrics-based delivery for the program reviews themselves.
Anyone interested in receiving quarterly updates on assessment can subscribe to the News
Blast itself by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and typing “SUBSCRIBE
Assessment-News-Blast FirstName LastName” in the body of the message.