Background Image for Header:
The Assistant Provost of Curriculum and Assessment and the Director for Assessment Support are the coordinating resources for assessment of learning and other data-driven efforts to continuously improve instruction, student performance, academic effectiveness, student support services, and administrative functions on campus.
- Lead to results that are useful and used.
- Flow from and focus on clear and important goals.
- Are cost-effective, yielding results that are useful enough to be worth the time and resources invested.
- Yield reasonably accurate and truthful results.
- Are valued.
- Yield results that are used in meaningful ways to improve teaching and learning. This can only happen if assessment practices focus on clear and important goals and yield reasonably accurate and truthful results. And using assessment results to inform meaningful decisions is the best way to show that assessment work is valued.
- Are sustained and pervasive. This can only happen if assessment practices are cost-effective and are valued.
Connect With Us
Have a question?
Darius Heffernan, Research Assistant email@example.com
Interested in receiving quarterly assessment updates? Email firstname.lastname@example.org and typing “SUBSCRIBE Assessment-News-Blast FirstName LastName” in the body of the message.