Background Image for Header:
Academic Policy Committee
Academic Policy Committee Goals
- Streamline and clarify our policies and procedures affecting education
across the institution and at all locations.
- Provide accurate documentation to accreditors, governing bodies, the State and other constituencies.
- Identify and implement best practices to advance academic initiatives and student
The Academic Policy Committee is responsible for creating, reviewing, and approving
university academic rules, policies, and definitions.
Members and Review Process
The APC is comprised of members of the Provost's Office, faculty, Assistant/Associate Deans, and program directors. It is chaired by the Associate Provost for Undergraduate Education.
Three constituent groups review drafts of the policies prior to a 30-day campus comment period.The constituent groups reviewing policy are the Academic Associate Dean, a Faculty Senate ad hoc policy committee, and representatives of the Student Government Association.
AY 2020-21 Members
- Evan Widders, Associate Provost for Undergraduate Education
- Louis Slimak, Assistant Provost for Curriculum and Assessment
Mark Gavin, Associate Provost for Academic Budget, Facilities and Strategic Initiatives
- Richard Thomas, Associate Provost for Graduate Education
- Aimee Pfeifer, Registrar
- Sandra Oerly-Bennett, Executive Director of Financial Aid
- Gary Furbee, General Counsel's Office
- Valerie Lastinger, Associate Dean for Academic Affairs, Eberly College of Arts and Sciences
- Jessica Troillo, Associate Dean of Student Services, College of Education and Human Sciences
- Robin Hensel, Assistant Dean for Freshman Experience, Statler College of Engineering and Mineral Resources
- Kim Barnes, Associate Dean for Academics, Davis College of Agriculture, Natural Resources, and Design
- Kari Sand-Jecklin, Associate Professor, Nursing
- Lena Maynor, Director of Student Affairs and Academic Initiatives, Health Sciences Center
- Rebel Smith, Assistant Dean for Undergraduate Programs, Chambers College of Business and Economics
- Joe Seiaman, Executive Director of Academic Advising and Student Success
- Phil Douthitt, Associate Dean of Academic Affairs, WVU-Keyser
- Joan Neff, Provost, WVUIT